Candelilla wax is extracted from the candelilla plant – a desert plant that thrives in hot, dry conditions and well-drained calciferous soils. It is a natural, multifunctional, vegetable wax comprising a complex of natural wax esters. It is widely used in skincare products as 100% vegan.
Candelilla wax is a non-gelling thickener, viscosity enhancer, and film former with protecting properties. It is a cosmetic astringent, emulsifier, stabilizer, and skin-conditioning ingredient that is odourless. Since it is an effective binding agent that easily fuses ingredients, it can be incorporated into most other waxes as well as resins, both natural and synthetic.
- • It protects the barrier of the skin, and prevents loss of moisture.
• It reduces the signs of aging like wrinkles, lines, and age spots.
• It can hydrate parched and scaly skin for enhanced smoothness.
• Helps to nourish skin, and improves overall texture.
• Makes skin soft and supple.