How to make an Avocado Face Mask
Ever wondered why there are so many “how to make an avocado face mask” recipes out there? The answer is simple – avocado is filled with lots of Vitamin E, C, and K, so it does a wonderful job when it comes to hydrating your skin, invigorating texture, and imparting a soothing effect.
Why use avocado in your face mask?
The nutritional profile of avocados with a plethora of vitamins, omega 3’s, and antioxidants is amazing, and if you mix it with a clay face mask (Bazooka Joe in this case), your skin is rejuvenated and glows, it becomes softer, and signs of ageing are visibly reduced. Avocados provide the right amount of moisture sans the oily residue, while the Vitamin E content imparts a calming effect as well. If you have red and inflamed skin, this kind of face mask helps to heal faster.
What is needed for an avocado face mask?
• 1/2 tbsp of mashed avocado.
• 1 tsp of rolled oats.
• 1 tsp of Bazooka Joe Powder.
• 1 1/2 tsp of water or witch hazel.
• 1/4 tsp avocado oil (both cosmetic and food grade is acceptable).
• 1 spice grinder.
• 1 bowl – glass is preferred but could be wooden or plastic.
• 1 plastic or wooden spoon.
• 1 face mask brush.
How to make an avocado face mask?
• Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, cut half of it, and then mash up with a fork.
• Add 1 teaspoon of rolled oats and use the spice grinder to blend till powdery.
• Combine dry ingredients – 1 teaspoon of Bazooka Joe Powder and 1 teaspoon of ground oatmeal.
• Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
• Add ¼ teaspoon of avocado oil, and 1 1/2 teaspoon of purified water, witch hazel or rose water.
How to apply the avocado face mask?
Before applying the face mask, make sure your face is fully cleansed. Using a face mask application brush, apply this mask uniformly to your skin and upper neck. The layer shouldn’t be overly thick or it won’t penetrate deep within. You feel the cooling sensation in minutes! If you wish to build up on this effect, just pop the mask in the fridge 5 minutes before application. Leave the mask on for 10 to 20 minutes, and wash off before it dries completely. Now that you know how to make an avocado face mask, try this recipe at home and experience its fabulous effects on your skin!