Banana Face Mask for Wrinkles, Acne, and Scars
French green clay is great for cleansing and absorbing impurities from within pores, reducing size of pores, tightening the skin, and balancing skin tone. You can offset the slightly drying effect of the clay by adding banana. That is why this banana face mask for wrinkles, acne, and scars is great for those who deal with ugly breakouts and dry/sensitive skin.
- 1 tsp of bananas, mashed into puree (around 1/8th of the fruit).
- 1 tsp of French Green Clay from the Mix and Play Set. Alternatively, you can use the Bazooka Joe facial mask.
- 1 tsp if coconut/almond milk (advisable to refrain from organic milk as it can lead to inflammation).
- Take a bit of banana and puree it using a fork in a bowl.
- Add the coconut/ almond milk.
- Add the French green clay.
- Mix thoroughly till there are no lumps and it forms a smooth and consistent paste.
It is imperative to avoid using metal while stirring clay as it might cause a reaction. Use a plastic or wooden spoon and bowl. If the mixture turns out to be more than required, it can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Cleanse your face – there should be no dirt, sweat or makeup on it.
- Use a face mask brush to apply the mask uniformly on your face and neck.
- Don’t let the mask become dry. Gently splash with water, and wash off with a wet cloth or towel.
Don’t forget to follow up with a quality toner so your skin doesn’t get inflamed or irritated. Apply a bit of moisturizer to finish the routine. The banana face mask for wrinkles, acne, and scars might cause a bit of redness, but it fades in a few minutes.